What You Need to Know That your Lender Won't Tell YouPaperback - 2007
" Mortgage Confidential is an insider's look at the mortgage process for anyone concerned with getting the best deal (and not being taken advantage of) while financing their home. The book goes beyond the basics, revealing the options lenders don't often divulge to their clients, what they really look for before they approve a loan, which costs they have control over, little-known sources of down payment money, and whether to trust loan officers recommended by Realtors. The book tells readers everything their lender won't, including how to:
* qualify for a larger loan
* avoid credit repair scams
* complete the loan application to maximize the chances of approval
* pay zero closing costs
* avoid origination charges
* determine whether paying ""points"" can save them money
* know when a loan officer is lying
* identify a ""rip-off"" loan program
* and more!
Whether looking into securing a mortgage for the first time or seeking to refinance, Mortgage Confidential gives readers the confidence and information they need to get through this complicated process and find the ideal loan for their needs."